Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture are seeking a full-time Production Manager to oversee the production of publications for both companies. Each publishing house specialises in highly illustrated books on art, design and photography, and architecture respectively.
The Production Manager will manage all stages of the production process, ensuring schedules are met and high quality standards are maintained in a cost-effective manner.
- maintaining relationships with current printers throughout Europe and Asia
- building relationships with new printers
- compiling accurate print specifications
- sourcing competitive comparative cost estimates for specifications
- monitoring progress against production schedules
- proactively maintaining clear communication between printers, shippers, external clients, and internal editorial, sales and design departments
- projecting book delivery schedules and coordinating logistics
- processing payments and maintaining accounts records.
The successful applicant will also be required to manage the Production Assistant, who manages the logistics of deliveries and onward shipping. The Production Manager will also undertake other tasks as required to fulfill the needs of Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture.
The role would suit someone with at least 2 years experience in print production.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and capabilities:
- evidence of prior experience in the production of high quality paperback and hardback books
- excellent organisational, logistical and project management skills
- efficient time management abilities, with a proven capacity to work speedily and accurately, showing careful attention to detail
- clear and proactive communication skills
- proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- a proactive and common sense approach to finding solutions to meet deadlines under pressure
- a personable and professional manner
- evidence of relevant computer skills
- an interest in illustrated publishing.
The starting salary for the role is dependent on experience. The hours of work are 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday at our office in King’s Cross, London.
Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture use Macs.
Please send your CV and a covering letter that clearly states how your experience and skills meet the Person Specification to Gareth Jones at email@example.com with Production Coordinator clearly stated in the subject header.
Unfortunately due to the large number of responses, only successful candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 26th May 2017.