In-house UK Sales Representatives (x2)
Black Dog Publishing is seeking Sales Representatives to work alongside the Sales and Marketing team to represent and market the company’s publications and establish relationships with new accounts, as well as nurturing existing ones across the UK. Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture specialise in highly illustrated books on art, architecture and design that produce a fresh, eclectic take on contemporary culture.
The successful candidates will represent Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture to the UK retail book trade, museums, galleries, specialised retailers and wholesalers to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth. The role will be focused on generating new business for the company and maximising the turnover and profitability of existing accounts.
· Promoting, selling and securing orders from all existing accounts and customers within the designated territory
· Generating new business with prospective key accounts and customers
· Growing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
· Submitting required data and reports on a timely basis
· Communicating with the Sales and Marketing Manager and Directors
· Monitoring operational expenses within your territory
· Providing feedback on market trends, and market reaction to our books as well as those of our competitors
· Exceeding sales targets on a monthly basis in accordance with title publications and catalogue launches
· Assisting with event coordination in the UK in relation to our titles in order to maximise B2C sales
· Strong sales background in publishing
· Knowledge of or interest in the arts, architecture, design and popular culture
· Experience of selling to a wide variety of book trade accounts
· Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales expectations
· Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with effective presentation skills
· Ability to work independently, and part of a sales team
· Proficiency in MS Office suite and Mac systems
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
· Ability to travel
· Flexibility to work out-of-hours if required
Black Dog Publishing and Artifice books on architecture offers
· A creative, collaborative atmosphere with plenty of scope for developing your own ideas
· Salary plus commission
· Expenses coverage (travel, etc).
If you have a passion for our brand, a drive for sales and want to work in a challenging environment with a supportive team, please send your CV and covering letter to Gareth Jones at email@example.com with ‘UK Sales Representative Application’ clearly stated in the subject header.
Closing date for applications is midday on 3rd March 2017.
We regret that, due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.