Black Dog Publishing is seeking a full-time Production Assistant to support the Production Manager in overseeing the publications of Black Dog Publishing and its partner company Artifice Books on Architecture.
The Production Assistant will assist the Production Manager to manage all stages of the production process, ensuring schedules are met and high quality standards are maintained in a cost effective manner.
The requirements of the role include:
– Projecting book delivery schedules and coordinating logistics
– maintaining relationships with current printers throughout Europe and Asia
– compiling accurate print specifications
– sourcing competitive comparative cost estimates for specifications
– monitoring progress against production schedules
– proactively maintaining clear communication between printers, shippers, external clients, and internal editorial, sales and design departments
–invoicing, processing payments and keeping accounts records
– some heavy lifting may be required
The successful applicant will also be required to prepare schedules and summaries to report on their duties to the Production Manager on a regular basis, and undertake other tasks as required.
The starting salary for the role is £18,000 per annum with a three-month probationary period.
The hours of work are 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and capabilities:
- evidence of prior administrative and logistical experience
– excellent organisational and numerical skills
– efficient time management abilities, with a proven capacity to work speedily and accurately
– clear and proactive communication skills
– an interest in illustrated publishing
– proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– a proactive approach to finding solutions, meeting deadlines under pressure
– proficiency in MS Office Suite ,in particular Excel and Mac OS
Please send your CV and a covering letter that clearly states how your experience and skills meet the Person Specification to Gareth Jones at email@example.com with Production Assistant clearly stated in the subject header.
Closing date for applications is midday on 20 January 2017
Black Dog Publishing specialises in beautifully produced illustrated books that represent a fresh, eclectic take on contemporary culture. Starting from a base in art and architecture, we have grown to embrace subjects as varied as design, fashion, music and environmental concerns. As our remit broadens and our list grows, we are expanding into new territories and gaining a broader audience around the world. Through this we stay true to our founding principles; to take a daring, innovative approach to our titles, to maintain high production values and authoritative content and to produce books that challenge, provoke and entertain.